IS EVERYTHING THAT YOU MAKE REALLY NATURAL?
Yes! We use the finest natural ingredients we can find. This includes herbs, butters, clay, sea salts, and natural oils.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS VEGAN?
Our line is 100% vegan with no animal testing whatsever. Our products are tested on many, many different human only faces- We love animals, and so we will always stay cruelty-free.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS SAFE TO USE DURING PREGNANCY?
The only products we don’t recommend using night nectar or harmony oilduring pregnancy and breastfeeding. All other products should be safe to use, but we do recommend that you consult your physician to be sure these products align with your pregnancy plan.
WHERE DO YOU SOURCE YOUR MATERIALS FROM?
We source our ingredients from within the UK wherever possible to keep transportation to a minimum. When we need ingredients from overseas, we work with Akoma Skincare who source organic ingredients from Fair Trade cooperatives in Ghana, using traditional methods that don't harm the environment. In turn, Akoma helps the local community improve their job prospects, their education and their health.
Many of our ingredients are also food-grade, which means they are safe to consume, because we believe we should only apply a product on our skin that our bodies would be happy to ingest.
SHELF LIFE AND STORAGE
All of our products have a 12-month shelf life, as we do not use any unnatural preservatives at all. We do use naturally preserving oils such as vitamin E, instead of harmful parabens that can mimic the activity of oestrogen in the body’s cells. We always recommend keeping our products out of direct sunlight and at room temperature or below as they will stay fresher for longer.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO APPLY FACIAL OIL? HOW DO I APPLY MY FACIAL OIL AND CAN I WEAR MAKEUP OVER FACIAL OIL?
We get this question A LOT... So we recommend applying our facial oils after cleansing and toning, morning and night. Miracle oil and Harmony oil are usually used as a daytime facial oil however still work brilliantly as an overnight oil. Night Nectar is our intensive overnight facial oil. The facial oils can be used alongside or in place of a moisturizer. With skincare you usually layer products from lightest to heaviest. (i.e toner, serum, moisturizer, oil, balm etc) Your face does not need to be completely dry to apply facial oil, in fact, if your face is slightly damp it will increase fast absorption.You can wear makeup over facial oil. Both Harmony and Miracle oil were formulated with make-up in mind, Let your skin absorb the oils for 3–5 minutes before applying makeup since the oil does need a little time to sink in. If your skin feels oily after 5 minutes you are probably using too much facial oil. If your skin still feels dry and you want more moisture, you are probably not using enough. The oil should absorb fully and not leave any greasy feeling at all. Your skin should feel hydrated, soft and nourished after applying the correct amount. We recommend between 2-5 drops depending on your skin type but adjust according to your suit your own rituals.
WHAT AMOUNT OF THE SALTS FROM THE DETOX SOAK DO I PUT INTO MY BATH WATER?
We suggest using ¼ of the jar of salts each time meaning each jar will last approximately 4-5 baths. This is completely subjective though, so you can use a little more of less if you feel to.
DO YOUR PRODUCTS CONTAIN ANY NUT OILS?
Yes we do, there are nut oils present in our Cleansing Oil, Detox Salt scrub These types of nut oil typically do not irritate people with nut allergies, but we always recommend consulting your doctor first if you have a nut allergy.
WHEN IS THE NEXT PRODUCT LAUNCHING?
If you sign up to our mailing list you will be the first to know when a new product is due to launch, typically we tend to launch new products each quarter.
I’m still confused about what products would work for me, who can I contact about my skincare concerns?
Kate our founder is always happy to help with any questions regarding your skin concerns, pop her an email at email@example.com and she will get back to you as soon as possible.
WHERE CAN I FIND YOUR PRODUCTS NEAR ME?
Check our stockists page for a list of online stockists and high street retailers.
DO YOU OFFER FREE SAMPLES?
As a small batch independent retailer we don’t tend to send out many free samples, however we do offer 15ml samples sizes to purchase on our site if you wanted to try one of our products but are not yet able to commit to a full size version.
WHAT IS YOUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY?
• Where possible, our ingredients are organic, meaning they are free from man-made fertilisers, pesticides and growth regulators. If organic is not an option, we work with producers who follow organic guidelines or ethically wild-harvest using rules outlined by United Plant Savers.
• We source our ingredients from within the UK wherever possible to keep transportation to a minimum. When we need ingredients from overseas, we work with Akoma Skincare who source organic ingredients from Fair Trade cooperatives in Ghana, using traditional methods that don't harm the environment. In turn, Akoma helps the local community improve their job prospects, their education and their health.
• We don’t use any Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), alcohol, parabens, nanoparticles, mineral oils, talc, synthetic fragrance, sulphates, siloxane, petroleum or aluminium in our skincare products. These toxic chemicals can cause a host of problems for our body and contaminate our waterways and soil, that can harm fish and wildlife.
• We are a cruelty-free, vegan company meaning that neither we nor our suppliers conduct, commission, or pay for any tests on animals for their ingredients, formulations, or finished products anywhere in the world and won’t do so in the future
• Our jars are made with recycled glass from the UK, conserving non-renewable fossil fuels and reducing the emission of harmful gasses into the atmosphere. Customers can post their jars and bottles to us after use, for free, and we will give them 10% off their next purchase as an incentive to reuse and recycle.
• All packaging is printed locally, using eco vegetable-based inks and 100% recycled paper.
• We are working hard to remove all unrecyclable plastic by 2020. We believe in doing everything we can to reduce the use of plastic, which is why we use glass jars and FSC approved card.
• We are partnered with the Carbon Trust, who lead transformational projects to facilitate a significant change in the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed. We are also a member of the UK’s leading woodland conservation charity, the Woodland Trust, that protects the country’s woods, plants trees, and restores ancient woodland for the benefit of wildlife and people.
WHERE ARE YOUR PRODUCTS MADE?
Our organic, natural skincare is hand-crafted in small batches of no more than 50 at a time at our blending space in the South West of England in our creative home of Bristol. Wild Source products are truly premium, and blended under strict UK quality control.
DO YOUR PRODUCTS CONTAIN ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCES?
Never, each ingredient is present for a specific therapeutic reason. We only ever use organic essential oils that not only smell incredible but also offer a therapeutic benefit relevant to the product itself.
WHAT IS THE STATUS OF MY ORDER?
As soon as you’ve ordered your products we will send an email to notify you that we’ve received your order. We always aim to ship your products within 48 hours of receiving your order however the turn around time is usually quicker than this. Once shipped we will send you another email to let you know your parcel is on its way! We ship everything with 1st class delivery.
WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE OR CANCEL MY ORDER?
You can! We don’t yet ship outside of the UK (this is something we are working on) but until then our lovely stockists Wolf & Badger, Rev-en-Vert and Oxygen Boutique all ship worldwide!
I LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE UK CAN I STILL ORDER WILD SOURCE PRODUCTS?
Don't worry, we can help! Once you enter an order, that specific order cannot be changed or cancelled. If you have ordered something in error, simply send us an email to let us know and ship it back to us for a refund. We always accept returns if the product is still sealed and the packaging has not been damaged.
MY ORDER ARRIVED DAMAGED - HELP!
We’re so sorry if this has happened! In the rare event that your order shows up damaged please don’t worry! Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what’s happened before sending your damaged order back to us. We will accept full responsibility and promptly send you a new order out.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR RETURNS TO PROCESS?
It usually takes between 5-10 working days for a refund to process, there is no way of us speeding this up unfortunately.