Summer Skincare Rituals
Keeping your skin happy might feel like no easy task right now. Along with the warmer, sunnier weather, we’re all living with changes in our daily habits and heightened levels of stress and anxiety; all of which can affect how our skin looks and feels.
We’ve had questions from so many of you asking how you can best look after your skin at this time of year. So we wanted to share our top five tips, as well as a couple of gorgeous rituals you can try to help keep your skin looking and feeling amazing as the weather warms up.
1. Cleansing Twice a Day - a change in daily routines might mean that this is sometimes getting overlooked. Remember to always cleanse morning and night, as well as after exercising, to melt away traces of dirt, make up and sweat and refresh your skin. Our Cleansing Oil is blended with Baobab, Calendula and Sweet Orange to help hydrate and revive your skin - and because it's oil based, it's brilliant for removing all traces of SPF at the end of the day.
2. Make time for a Weekly Mask - A weekly mask can work wonders to rebalance and revive your skin. As well as providing gentle exfoliation, our Radiance Mask soothes and refreshes to reveal plump, radiant looking skin. And if you’re short on time, you can also use Radiance Mask as a bi-weekly scrub.
3. Remember to Moisturise - even if your skin is feeling oily. Our deeply nourishing natural facial oils help regulate your skins sebum production, leaving your skin hydrated but not greasy. Night Nectar packs a nourishing boost of hydration if your skin is super dry, whereas lightweight Harmony Oil is perfect if you're experiencing summer breakouts or your skin is feeling particularly oily.
4. Keep Hydrated - Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water or herbal tea per day, but ideally try to increase this on very warm days or if your skin is particularly dry.
5. Invest in a good quality SPF - La Roche-Posay, REN and Glossier have some great options.
MAKE IT A RITUAL
If you’re missing your usual beauty treatments and feel in need of a spot of luxurious treat, here are a couple of ideas for at-home rituals you can try to revive your skin and nourish your mind.
Spring Time Facial Ritual
Repeat this ritual once or twice a week to revive and hydrate.
STEP 1: Cleansing Oil
Massage a few pumps of Cleansing Oil into damp skin. Run your muslin cloth under warm water and rub in circular motions to gently lift the oil along with dirt and traces of make up.
Rinse, and repeat to double cleanse your skin.
SHOP CLEANSING OIL >
STEP 2: Radiance Mask
Blend your mask with warm green tea for a deeply detoxifying and energising experience.
Either apply with a mask, or use your fingertips to massage the mask into your skin to stimulate and aid exfoliation. Be sure to achieve good coverage on the chin, around the nose and forehead, and avoid the sensitive skin around your eyes. Leave on for 15 minutes to allow the formulation to gently activate, before washing off with warm, clean water. You can use this time to guide your focus inward, choosing to practise mindful breathing, or follow a guided meditation to calm your nervous system and allow your stress levels to reduce.
SHOP RADIANCE MASK >
STEP 3: Night Nectar
With your skin still damp, take 3-4 drops of nourishing Night Nectar into your palm and run your hands together to warm the oil. Raise your hands to your face and take a moment to pause as you inhale deeply, inviting the Lavender & Frankincense to calm and soothe your mind. Apply the oil to your face before using your fingertips to massage using upwards circular motions. Massage from the centre of your face outwards to encourage lymphatic drainage and focus your mind on the sensations and textures of your skin. Massage with intention and breathe in deeply through your nose and out through your mouth to calm your nervous system and quieten your mind.
SHOP NIGHT NECTAR >
Glowing Skin Body Ritual
Repeat this ritual twice a week for fresh looking, glowing skin.
STEP 1: Dry Body Brush
Prepare your skin for exfoliation with a dry body brush. Starting from your feet, brush in long sweeping motions up towards your heart. Move up each leg, then brush each arm from hand to shoulder, before finishing with your stomach, back and chest.
STEP 2: Detox Salt Scrub
This firming, tightening and rejuvenating body scrub can be used on dry skin for a deep penetration, or in the shower for a softer, more luxurious feeling. Working on the dry areas of your skin first, massage the scrub into your whole body using deep circular motions. Focus your attention on every stroke, and notice the sensations as the scrub invigorates and buffs.
Rinse off the scrub with warm water.
SHOP DETOX SALT SCRUB >
STEP 3: Golden Hour
Post scrub, with your skin still damp to aid absorption, take a few pumps of Golden Hour into your palms and massage into your skin using deep, circular motions. Take some deep breaths as you do so, inhaling the sweet, uplifting scent of Jasmine & Mandarin. Ensure you hydrate your body from the inside out by drinking plenty of water after your ritual.
SHOP GOLDEN HOUR >
If you have any questions about our products, or would like a personalised recommendation, please get in touch.